*Before using your Hologate Haptic Vest, please fully read and understand this manual carefully. This will ensure your purchase maintains maximum longevity.
Understanding Your New Hologate Haptic Vest
/’haptik/noun – the use of technology that stimulates the senses of touch and motion, especially to reproduce in remote operation of computer simulation the sensations that would be felt by a user interacting directly with physical objects.
Your Hologate Haptic Vest is a wireless vest for full torso haptic feedback. Using a total of 40 discrete vibro-tactile motors, 20 on the front and 20 on the back, it creates a continuous form of tactile sensation around the body. It aims to enhance the users' experience in an audio-visually immersive environment.
Safety and Warnings
- If you have sensitive skin, watch for contact with bare skin.
- Do NOT fasten the body straps excessively.
- NEVER disassemble or modify the product.
- Do NOT expose the device or battery to extreme weather conditions.
Care and Handling
- Do NOT throw, drop or expose the device to physical impact.
- Keep the device away from liquids - it is NOT water-resistant.
- Do NOT store the device in extreme cold or hot areas.
- Do NOT use chemicals or cleaning solvents on the device.
*Washing: To wash, remove and machine wash the detachable inner sleeve. When dry, reattach the inner sleeve, following the Velcro guides.
Connecting your Hologate Haptic Vest
- 1x Hologate Haptic Vest
- 1x USB-C (type) Charging Cable
- 1x Bluetooth Dongle
- Take the USB-C cable, plug into the battery pack on the back of the Hologate Haptic Vests and plug into power. It is recommended to charge the vests for a minimum 2 hours before attempting to use/pair.
- Take the Bluetooth dongle and plug into a USB port on client 1 PC (player 1 PC).
- Repeat this process for the remaining vests (players 2 through 4). If you have eight (8) vests, you only need one Bluetooth dongle per player. The vests pair to the dongle, so two (2) vests can connect to one (1) player.
From the Game Select Screen, touch the settings cog at the top right hand corner of the screen.
And then select Settings
Once under Settings, then select System on the left hand side of the screen
While you're under the System Settings screen, select Hardware and ensure that the Vests box says YES, then hit OK and select PAIR VEST.
This will bring you to the VEST PAIRING screen shown below...
Once you have gotten to the VEST PAIRING screen and your Hologate Vests are fully charged, press the power button on the battery pack, just one quick press and you will see the LED on the battery pack begin to flash RED. This means the vest is attempting to pair. The vest will continue to flash for approximately two minutes and then will power off if not paired.
Once you have pressed the power button on the battery pack, then press player one on the touch screen to pair the vest, you will see that player "pulsate" on the screen and a vest icon will be visible on the touch screen showing that the vest is paired to that player and the LED on the vest will turn YELLOW. You can also pair a second vest to the same player if you want to have a separate vest charging while one is being used. Just power the second vest on when you power on the first vest and both will pair to that particular player.
Once you have paired your vest(s) to player one, hold down the power button to turn off the vest or vests that you have just paired to player one. Once you have done so, power on player 2 vest(s) and select player 2 to begin the pairing process. Complete steps 1 through 4 on players' 2 through 4. Once you have completed those, select OK on the touch screen.
You now have all 4 or 8 vests paired to your system. If you have 8 vests, make sure you power off the spare players (1 through 4) and plug them into power, these will be your backup vests to swap out when the battery level on the vests in use, reach 25%. You can view the battery levels for the vests in the game lobby, the same place you view battery levels for controllers.
Be aware that currently the haptic vests only function with Cold Clash, Zombyte and Groove Guardians. Simurai is currently not compatible with the Hologate Haptic Vests.
As always, if you have questions, concerns or need further assistance with setup and configuration of your Hologate Haptic Vests, please contact us via phone at 317-834-4770 option 1 or email at email@example.com.
For our warranty support package customers and first year installed attractions our hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, 7 days per week. For all other customers, hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.